I had so much fun making my November bucket list (and actually doing everything on it!) that I knew I had to do a December one, too! December is my very favorite month to live in Chicago. The lights on Michigan Avenue, the giant Christmas tree at Daley Plaza, the Macy's on State Street window displays... it's all so magical. Most of this list are traditions we've come to do every December since we moved to Chicago and a couple are new! Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth and A. Liz Adventures.
1) The Walnut Room- If you ever visit Chicago during the holidays, PLEASE eat lunch or dinner here! It is located on the 7th floor of the Macy's on State Street and is the best place to get into the holiday spirit. The dining room is around 100 years old and is centered by a giant Christmas tree. My family visits us each December and we always eat dinner at the Walnut Room.
Last years tree - pictures just can't capture the ambiance that is the Walnut Room!
2) Zoo Lights- The Lincoln Park Zoo is decked out in hundreds of thousands of lights and you can stroll around and see the animals and sip on spiced wine or cider. Nick and I went last year for the first time and it was so much fun that we plan on bringing my family when they're visiting this year!
3) Christmas Party- I would love to host a Christmas party at my place for my friends! Whether it is just a girls night or a get-together before the bar, I love having everyone over during the holidays. It would be really fun to do a scarf exchange or a cookie decorating party!
4) Ice Skating at Millenium Park- I honestly can't believe I still haven't done this. I tell Nick every single year that we are going to go ice skating at Millenium Park and it just always gets forgotten about. To our credit, we did try to go a couple of years ago with my family but it was on a Saturday afternoon and the line to get on the rink was outrageous. I'm thinking this would be a fun week night date to avoid the crowds!
5) CTA Holiday Train- The holiday train is a 6-car train adorned with Christmas decorations, inside and out. I've wanted to ride this ever since I've moved to Chicago and heard about it. I've never actually seen the train in person as it rides on a different line each day. This year I'm going to make a point to find it and ride on it!
What's on your December bucket list?
Ps: Follow me on Bloglovin!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11303889/?claim=j7nrgjkzcvz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>