THANK YOU for all of the awesome birthday wishes yesterday!! I had a great day- the weather was perfection, we went out for a delicious dinner at my favorite restaurant, Nick got me a facial + massage that I can't wait to redeem and we topped off the evening with an oreo ice cream cake, yummm.
Now for something else that will make you go yum, this one pot shrimp pasta. I honestly wasn't sure what to name it since it has so many flavors going on- there's shrimp, garlic, tomato, basil, red pepper flakes, basically a little bit of everything. It. is. so. good. And beyond easy! You make it all in one pot! It's foolproof and there's barely any cleanup. My kind of dinner.
12 ounces linguine pasta
32 ounces regular vegetable broth
1 pound of fresh, cooked shrimp
1 (15 oz) can of zesty diced tomatoes, with liquid- don't drain!
1/2 vidalia onion, cut in strips
4 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 bunch fresh basil, cut in strips
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese to top
1. In a large stock pot, place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and shrimp. Pour vegetable broth over everything and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer (keep covered).
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, mine took closer to 15 minutes, or until almost all liquid has been reduced. Stir often, about every 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in salt & pepper to taste and fresh basil.