Ahhh, spring cleaning. Do you love it or hate it? I go back and forth - I kind of hate doing it, but once it's done, there is no better feeling. Until you let your dog back in the house with muddy paws, but that's how it always goes... ;) Today's post is a comprehensive guide to all things cleaning. A few tips to make the process easier (dare I even say more fun?!), a round up of great tricks to clean those challenging areas of your home, and a few of my favorite products to use. Let's get right to it!
2. Assemble your cleaning caddy - it is so much more efficient to carry one of these with you instead of running back to your cleaning closet for more supplies. See my favorite products below to fill it with.
3. Open the windows if it's a nice day out, fresh air always helps! Turn up the music or put on an audio book to listen to while you work. And PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY. That thing is just full of distractions ;)
4. Set a timer if you work better under pressure (me). Remember this post? The Pomodoro Technique also works perfectly when it comes to cleaning.
5. Take it one room at a time. I find this makes things much more manageable and if I can't complete the whole house in one day, it's a great place to leave off knowing you only have x amount of rooms to go.
6. After you finish a room, light a fresh smelling candle in it. And have rewards on hand. Whether you treat yourself after each room or when you're completely done cleaning, a reward is always great motivation. I like to go get ice cream!
Let me just start by saying that stock up on Magic Erasers because they are about to become your new BFFs! Those little guys do anything and everything. I also like to have plenty of paper towels, microfiber clothes, vinegar, lemons, and baking soda on hand. Sometimes the old school methods just work the best.