We've all had those Mondays... the one where you have zero food in your refrigerator, no clean clothes, the house is a hot mess and you're dreading the week ahead. I personally h-a-t-e starting my week like that and a couple of years ago, I decided I could easily change that by being a little more productive on Sundays. In between naps and Netflix binge watches of course ;) Now, I like to think of Sunday's as the start of my week and spending a couple hours doing some prep work for the 5 busy days in front of me always seems to make things run smoother.
Here are 7 things I try to do every Sunday that helps me have a much more productive week...
1. Meal Plan | I am the biggest fan of meal planning. I wrote an entire post about it here if you're interested in getting started, because it's really been one of the best things I've done to make life run more smoothly. I like to plan out my meals for the week depending on what we have going on (if Nick is working late, if I have a Junior League meeting, etc), make my grocery list and then head to the store. There are few things better than starting the week with a fully stocked fridge!
2. Clean Sheets | This is gross, but sometimes I'd lose track of when the last time I washed my bedroom sheets were. Now I do it every Sunday and I love climbing into bed after a shower in freshly cleaned, delicious smelling sheets.
3. Plan Outfits | Check the weather forecast and lay out at least your outfit for the next day, but do the entire week if you're feeling into it. This is super easy right now for me because I'm basically only wearing this sweatshirt or this maxi dress, ha!
4. Clean Out Email Inbox | Usually the last thing I feel like doing on a Sunday, but it's so nice to start off the week with an empty inbox. I take care of anything I left from the past week and start fresh.
5. Make A To Do List | Grab your phone or your planner (if you're still old school like me - here is a great round up!), and make a list of things you want to accomplish during the week ahead. I categorize my to do list a couple of ways: things that need to get done ASAP and things that I'd like to do if I have the time. I usually hang it on the fridge as an in your face reminder.
6. Vacuum + Pick Up | Nothing crazy cleaning wise, but running the vacuum through the house, putting the dishes in the dishwasher, picking up all the dog toys and cleaning the kitchen counters is enough to make the house 'feel' clean. I usually set a 30 minute timer (still all about that Pomodoro technique) and get to work, that's really all the time it takes. And speaking of tidying, this book is a GREAT read - I need to do a review of all the tips it taught me here soon.
7. Go To Church | I hate that we don't go near as often as we should, but there is truly no better way for me to start the week. It clears my head, makes me more appreciative of life and helps to remind me of what is really important and I think that's a great mindset to take into a Monday morning.
And my most favorite things to do on a Sunday evening are to go for a long walk (also a great mind clearer) with Nick and the dog and then out for ice cream :) Nothing makes me happier. What's your favorite thing to do on Sunday's that helps your week run smoother? I'll probably need even more help with this once there is a baby in the picture!