My favorite time of the year has officially arrived.
Long days, warm nights, campfires, ice cream, grilling, swimming... I mean, these are some of the best things in life, right? It has been super warm here for June so even though yesterday was the technical first day of summer, I feel like it's been here for a while now. I've rounded up a few of my warm weather must haves, all essentials to get you through the best season of the year. I just need this baby to get here already so we can really get our summer fun started!
1. & 2. Sunscreen: This Coola brand comes highly recommended and a pina colada scent is always enough to sell me. I also mentioned previously that I was on the hunt for a great face SPF and have decided to try this one by La Roche Posay. I'm a huge fan of their face wash, so it seems only natural to try the sunscreen. It has great reviews, too.
3. Sandals: Beach sandals need to be three things - slip on, waterproof and easy to clean. These Tory Burch Miller ones fit the bill in every way. Plus they come in tons of fun colors!
4. Beach Towel: This popular John Robshaw Alabat beach towel is back from last year, so grab it while you still can. I'm also intrigued by these round beach towels that seem to be everywhere - how pretty is this one?
5. Good Music: Just laying out at the beach or pool can be a bit boring after a while, so good music (and a good book!) are definitely necessary. The SunnyLife BeachSounds is both an AM/FM radio and has an AUX cable to be able to play music from your car or phone. Plus it opens up into a little storage compartment which is nice and it's under $50 so it would make for a great gift.
7, Sunglasses: I prefer cheap sunglasses when I'm at the beach because there is a very good chance I'm going to break them, leave them there, or lose them in the water. Nordstrom's BP makes an awesome selection of cheap sunglasses and they actually hold up really well. These knock off Ray Bans are only $12 and come in a bunch of colors!
8. Pool Float: Because this floating swan would make for great Instagram pictures, of course ;)
9. Sun Hat: It is so so so important to keep your face out of the sun. I learned that the hard way after getting two identical dark spots on my face after our Hawaiian honeymoon. I'm still working to get rid of them, so it's better to just prevent this stuff with a good sun hat and sunscreen. This Phase 3 hat is currently 40% off!
And don't forget your swimsuit! I rounded up a bunch of my favorite one pieces (for under $100) here and speaking of one pieces... for my tall friends: did you know that J. Crew is now making 'long torso' options? Check them out here! Happy Summer :)