In order to help myself get over my fall aversions, I've decided to make a list of FUN things I want to do these next couple of months. Excuse me while I want to go gag just from looking at this picture. Despite my post traumatic stress (haha) from last year and being pregnant, it is Haddie's first fall so it has to be special! I'm setting my expectations low because #tinybabylife, but I'm hoping to get out there with her and Nick and experience some of the goodness this season has to offer!
1. Take the iconic baby with pumpkin picture. I remember being at the pumpkin patch last year and watching parents take the picture with the baby propped up on the pumpkin and I can't even believe I have one of my own this year.
2. Go on lots of nature walks. This is mostly for Brady, the poor pup hasn't seen much walking action in the last couple of months. And besides, fall in Michigan is beautiful with all of the leaves changing color.
3. Go on a golfing date. I really, really, really want to become a good golfer. I'm not even close to being there yet, but hopefully Nick and I can go off on a day date to lunch & golf before the weather gets too bad!
4. Attend either a college or high school football game. Or both. Because nothing says fall more than football.
5. Take Haddie on her first trip to Chicago! So many of our Chicago friends have had big stuff going on this summer - buying condos, getting engaged, getting dogs - and I'm just dying to be back in the city.
6. Watch a scary movie. This will be a perfect at home October date night! Any recommendations?
7. Visit the cider mill. Stock up on cider, donuts, apples, donuts, pie, donuts... you get the drift.
8. Drink all the pumpkin drinks -- if I can stomach them! I can't believe the PSL is out already. I'm also a HUGE fan of chai tea lattes with a splash of pumpkin syrup, so so good.
9. Find a pair of jeans that fit. Thiiiis is a depressing one, but I just can't wear my leggings every single day again this winter.
10. Celebrate Haddie's first Halloween. I've already started thinking about what to dress her up as :) I can't even wait!
Cheers to making this a much better fall than the last one!